Top : Book Center : Slang
eslsite.com: Book Center : Slang
- A to Z : The Book of Rap & Hip Hop Slang
- Rap fans and word lovers can enjoy this alphabetized collection of today's most current terms used in "the poetry of the streets." From ace to base, buddah to zooted, this book not only provides definitions, but offers examples and sources. Includes a discography of classic rap albums and a bibliography of source material.
Lois Stavsky; Paperback
(Added: 12-Apr-2003 Hits: 321 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 3) Rate It
- American Slang
- This complete guide offers a wealth of detail and insight into thousands of Americanisms--from computer lingo to the latest teen fads. Fully cross-referenced, this essential volume is filled with examples, word origins, and more. Abridged edition of the New Dictionary of American Slang published by Harper & Row.
Robert Ph.D Chapman, Robert L. Chapman; Paperback
(Added: 12-Apr-2003 Hits: 88 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- English As a Second Fcking Language
- In English, swearing is essential to effective communication. Whether one wants to succeed in business, school, or social circles, a strong command of unprintable language is absolutely necessary. Employing a helpful "Need to Know, " "Nice to Know, " and "Forget It" system for identifying swear words, English as a Second Fcking Language offers an informative--and funny--look at taboo words and expressions to boost readers' vocabularies.
Sterling Johnson; Paperback
(Added: 12-Apr-2003 Hits: 73 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It