Top : Resources and Teaching Ideas : Pronunciation
eslsite.com: Resources and Teaching Ideas : Pronunciation
- Connected Speech
- Raising awareness activity in which students have to look at what makes up connected speech.
(Added: 17-Sep-2004 Hits: 3793 Rating: 1.86 Votes: 7) Rate It
- Contrasting words - long and short sounds
- Differentiation activity in which students have to decide which words have a long vowel sound and which words have a short vowel sound.
(Added: 16-Aug-2004 Hits: 4123 Rating: 1.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- An activity which helps students to develop intonation patterns in English.
(Added: 9-Jan-2004 Hits: 3527 Rating: 5.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Fun way of developing students' vocabulary. It is also a way of making sure that students are aware that different spellings in English can result in the same sound.
(Added: 16-Aug-2004 Hits: 3141 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Homophones race
- Activity that involves students finding homophones in a text and then correcting the spellings of them in the text.
(Added: 3-Feb-2005 Hits: 2138 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Kinesthetic activity in which students have to jump to the left or to the right according to which word they heard. This is especially appropriate for younger learners.
(Added: 16-Jul-2004 Hits: 2054 Rating: 6.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Odd one out
- Discrimination activity in which students try to decide which word is the odd one out in a group according to the sounds of the words.
(Added: 16-Aug-2004 Hits: 3409 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Past tense
- Reinforcement activity in which students have to recognize the different ends of regular past tense verbs.
(Added: 16-Aug-2004 Hits: 2866 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Phoneme mingle
- Mingling activity in which students mix and mingle making the sound of various phonemes to the other students.
(Added: 20-Jul-2004 Hits: 2931 Rating: 4.50 Votes: 2) Rate It